Sunday, March 1, 2009

March is here!

I love March. It means the beginning of spring. Flowers start blooming. The snow is almost over. I can start wearing my flip flips again. (Ok, I have been wearing them the last week, but it really is still too cold for that. I just couldn't wait!)

And, the best part about March is all the birthdays! Mine, of course, and then three nieces & nephews birthdays are later this month. So fun! I love birthdays. One of my goals this year is to remember all the birthdays in my family, and to do handmade gifts, as much as possible. So, we'll see how that goes.

I have been playing with my blog today. I am so an amateur at this...you would think I know what I'm doing, but I really don't. So, it is a work in progress. I am learning, slowly.

Also, I found on Stacy Julian's blog, she linked to Lisa Day's Creativity Project. She is going to do something creative every day in March. I am going to try it, too. You should too. It doesn't have to be big. I think Lisa said that her creative thing for the day was to have breakfast for dinner. So, I'm going to try it. I will try to document it here. I started working in my workroom last night, I have lots of projects floating around in my head. I kept jumping from thing to thing last night. I need to focus on one thing until it is done. But, what's the fun in that? I am working on a mini book, and some birthday projects, and I have made a mess in the basement, going through stuff, getting ready to file it, and organize it. So, I really need to work on that, because I can't really walk anywhere down there. :) But, I get easily distracted by other things.

I have had a fun weekend. Yesterday I went to breakfast with my sister and her husband for my birthday. We went to Kneaders in Highland. I had yummy French Toast. So good! Then, I went shopping! I had a list of local shops, boutiques and such, from Your Heart Out, and I ended up only going to two of them. But, they were both very cute and fun. Some of them I drove right past, because they were in random, crazy places. But, I did stop at one called Hip & Humble, and my favorite was Emilie Jayne's. Just cute fun boutique type shops. Emilie Jayne's was sort of a consignment, very random stuff. Hip & Humble was more just cute, fun stuff. I almost bought a crazy apron there, but i thought I could make my own instead. I got a big platter with cute stripes on it at Emilie Jayne's. I think stripes are my new thing. I bought some paper yesterday, too, and it was stripey, too. I also bought a rug awhile ago that is in my room that is striped. It makes me very happy.

My other project, that I've been working on for awhile, I will post more about it later today or tomorrow. On another blog I was reading (I can't remember who now), she had made a list of 37 things to do before her 37th birthday. So, I've been making a list of 33 things to do before my 33rd birthday. I want to post it here, but I need to tweak it a little more, then I will post it for all the world to see. That is one of the projects I'm working on. I want to make a little book, or something to hang up, so I remember what is on my list. I guess it's a little bit like new year's resolutions, but it's different. Anyway, I'm excited to get that done and post it. I'm trying to get it done before my birthday. (which is tomorrow...)

2 comments:

JulieJ said...

Great post! I can't wait to see all of your creative stuff. It's amazing how good you feel when you can create. Happy happy birthday tomorrow!

Melissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope it has been a great day and that you have a fantastic year ahead of you! I miss working with you at A's.