Ok, I got tagged forever ago by Clarice. And everyone keeps telling me I need to update this thing. So, here goes.
List: 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random surprising facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog!)
1. My 11 (almost 12) so adorable nieces and nephews. They are the loves of my life. They make me laugh. They make me proud to be their aunt. They are the coolest kids on the planet!
2. Making books. I love the act of creating something beautiful. Finding the stuff to go together, and putting it together, and making paper and book board and glue and thread turn into a beautiful book. and then giving them away to people who appreciate them.
3. walking/running. I'm just getting back into this, but I walked tonight. It was such a beautiful night! I have just recently started walking along the canal in PG, which is pretty fun, you can see the whole valley up there. Pretty cool.
1. Spiders. hate spiders. Really hate most kinds of bugs, especially when they are in my house. And I don't have a man around to kill them for me!
2. That my car will die on me and I will get stranded somewhere. It's getting old and a little tired, but it's still a good car.
3. I sometimes fear that I am missing my purpose in life. I just found out one of my old friends from high school is living in Kenya (doing what, I'm not sure). But, when I find out people are doing exotic things like that, I question my boring life. Is there something better out there for me?
1. My family has just started a biggest loser contest this summer. My goal is to be the winner! I think the pot is up to about $160. Wouldn't that be fun to spend? :)
2. I want to post and sell stuff (books) on Etsy. If you haven't been on Etsy yet, you should go check it out. It's pretty darn cool. My store name is Daisy Dreamer, but don't go look at it now. There's nothing there yet. Give me a little time. :)
3. I want to get up tomorrow morning and make it to water aerobics at 6.
3 current obsessions/collections
1. Stephenie Meyer's books. The latest on "The Host" was pretty good. Can't wait for New Dawn (is that what it's called? not totally sure...)
2. all things camoflauge. Our theme for girls camp is "Boot Camp" so I've been on the lookout for camo things to decorate camp, etc. I have found camo streamers, and cute camo tins. I have some camo fabric and ribbon, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with those yet. If anyone has any great ideas, I'm totally open to suggestions.
3. a not super current one... I have a spoon collection. It started when I was pretty little, probably 5 or 6 I would guess. I collect them from places I visit, and my family has gotten me spoons from their travels, too (I have a couple from Italy, thanks to my bro, and some from Japan thanks to my sis) My first one came from either Yellowstone or Jackson Hole. There was a cool one on a ferry we were on on Lake Michigan (or one of the Great Lakes, probably not Lake Michigan... the one that would take you from Canada to New York, by Niagara Falls). I REALLY really wanted this spoon, but my mom tried to tell me we would find a cheaper one when we got off the boat somewhere. Of course we didn't even look for one. I was pretty mad (still a sore spot with me apparently, since that was when I was about 13 years old and I still remember the incident).
3 random surprising facts about yourself
1. I sleep on a bunk bed. Weird, I know. It's a bunk bed on top, futon on the bottom, and I've had it for about 3 or 4 years. I sleep on top, and the bottom bunk is usually full of my clothes. I hate folding clothes, but I don't like them on the floor, so it's a great place for them.
2. I'm going to Creative Escape in Phoenix in September and I'm pretty darn excited about it! I've been dreaming about going for the past two years, and decided this year was the year to go. I get to see my sister & bro-in-law and new niece while I'm there, too.
3. My favorite food is Mexican. (sorry, kind of boring, but it's all i can think of)
Ok, I tag my little sister Sharon. Sorry, I don't have five friends!