Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Oh what do you do in the summertime?

I like to play in the creek with my cute nieces and nephew. I don't like it when one of them falls off the rope swing, though.

I love the warm summer nights.

I love sitting on the porch reading a good book.

I love being able to grab my purse, slip on some flip flops and run out the door.

I love the fresh fruits and veggies of this season.

I love going to the library and finding some great reads. (This isn't really a summer activity, but I just did it today and it was so fun.)

I love seeing my garden growing. I'm likely going to get tons of squash (of course) and maybe a little of the other things i planted.

I don't really like pulling weeds. Not my favorite activity.

I like eating salads for dinner.

I like hiking to Timp Cave with my sister in the morning.

This summer, I've been enjoying my extended time off.

I like it when the sun comes out after the rain. I do like rain, and thunderstorms, but not really for 3 weeks straight.

I like not being tied to the tv, since there isn't much on in the summer.

I love the smell of fresh cut grass.

I love going on drives through the beautiful canyons around here. On Saturday, we went up Big Cottonwood Canyon and ended up in Park City. Pretty cool. I'd never been on that road. We ran into the Wasatch Back Relay up there, which was fascinating to watch the runners and support people.

I love that it stays light outside until 9 o'clock. And it is light early in the morning. Sunshine makes me happy.

I love summer festivals, farmers markets, arts festivals, etc.

I love the 4th of July, and I'm pretty excited to be in Idaho Falls this year.

1 comment:

S Semon said...

You made me realize how much more I should appreciate summer too! I wish I was going to be in Idaho Falls for the 4th of July. I love IF's 4th! Down here.....too hot to do anything. Lame-O!