Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Random Tuesday Thoughts
- I just watched Biggest Loser, while eating some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I should have gone to the gym, but my couch was too comfortable.
- I am trying to be a little 'unplugged' this week. Not so much TV, less playing on the internet, etc. I did good yesterday, because my cousin and his family came over for the evening. Today was Biggest Loser, and I told myself I could watch that - my one show of the week. But now I want to watch Parenthood, too. It is hard to change your habits.
- I have quickly found the love for Pinterest. So many ideas. So little time to do all of them. The one thing I am going to try is the trick for hemming jeans.
- I am coming up with ideas for all the pears and apples off my trees this year. I picked a box of pears yesterday, and there is probably another box still on the tree. And I have 2 big trees full of apples, which I think are going to be yummy this year. I am thinking I should dry some, maybe freeze some, eat them every day until I can't stand it, make some mini caramel apples (although my apples are red, not green), give some away, and whatever else I can think of to do with them. Any good ideas for me?
- I want to take this class, Onward & Upward, but I am scared I won't finish the class. That is what I do. I start something, but rarely finish it. But, I really think this would be a good class, and i want to do it. I have to decide this week, since it starts next Monday. Maybe it's time for a new habit for me, of finishing things.
- I had my first lesson in 'gauge' for knitting this week. I made a fingerless glove, using a chunky yarn, and a size 10 needle. The pattern I used called for a size 7 needle, and worsted weight yarn. My glove is a little, or a lot, too big. Who knew it was important to use the right size needle and yarn? Now the question is whether I am going to undo the glove and start over. I haven't decided yet.