Friday, November 1, 2013

NaBloPoMo


So, I am slow to this game, but I decided to jump in. And since it is still November 1st - for another hour and 17 minutes - I have time to start this.

I do have lots of things I have wanted to write about, so hopefully this will give me good incentive to actually do this.

My topic tonight is Halloween. I know, it was yesterday. But I'm still going to write about it. 

First of all, some cute pictures of my awesome kids (my nieces and nephews). 

This is my sister and her youngest daughter. She had planned to dress up as Dorothy, and have Lola be the Tin Man. But the costume never came. I'm glad because I think this is adorable. This is my buddy - I tend her two days a week for my sister, and it is awesome. I love it. We have a good time together. 


These kids live far away from me, in Oregon. I love this picture, because it shows the different personalities so well, and, seriously, how cute is the little monster in the middle? He is almost 8 months old, and I wish I could just give him a big kiss and a snuggle. I am going to have to plan a trip to visit them soon. 


This is my cute Hanna that lives in Canada. She dressed up as her dad, Mr. Nunn, who is the principal at her school. I showed this picture to people at work, and they really thought she was a boy. I'd say she bears a striking resemblance to her dad. And she won best super hero costume. Go Hanna!

Tomorrow, when I have more time, I will add the pictures of the other kids. They were all so cute. And creative. It was fun to see pictures pop up all day yesterday on Facebook of all these cute Halloween kids. 

At my work, they always have a Halloween party, and costume contest. People go all out, with very elaborate costumes. I've participated with groups before, and actually won. I think it is fun to dress up and be someone different for a day.

 But, there was no group thing happening this year (or for the last several years actually...my team has changed and they are a little boring these days). I still wanted to do something, not be a total humbug about it. I just couldn't decide what to do. I didn't want to spend any money. And I wanted it to be easy, and quick, and comfortable. 

I thought about going as girls camp director, and wear the apron we made this year, along with other camp paraphernalia, but I decided that might be dumb. 

The morning of Halloween, yesterday morning, I woke up, still not positive what I was going to do. As I lay in bed, trying to get some energy to get up and get going, my thought was mostly, "let's just get this day over with, so I can move on to the better holidays." Halloween is not my favorite holiday at all. That could be because I don't have kids of my own to celebrate with. 

I ended up going with my old standby Halloween outfit - black skirt, orange shirt, with random colored knee socks and crazy shoes. It is festive. And comfortable. And easy. 

And now it is over and we can move on to thanksgiving and Christmas! Much better holidays in my opinion. 

1 comment:

JillN said...

I bought a new orange shirt to wear on Halloween this year. My mind doesn't think of cute costumes.