Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to everyone. I still can't believe it is 2008. What significant things did I do in 2007? I worked 2 jobs the whole year. Am I crazy? A little bit. I flew to Arizona to see my little sis and her hubby for a few days. My 3rd time on a plane. Loved it just as much as the first 2 times. Girls camp. WFFD. being in charge of them this year, and surviving that.




What do I want to do this year? hopefully not work two jobs the whole year. I'm taking a bookbinding class at U of U, and pretty darn excited about it. Hoping I can balance that and working two crazy jobs and everything else I want to do. But, it is important to me, so I'm going to make it work. I want to fly again this year, maybe back to AZ to see Shar again. Maybe go skydiving again... :)




On Ali Edwards blog, she was asking people to come up with one word for the year. I chose BALANCE. I want more balance in my life. More balance between work and home. Social, mental, spiritual, physical. That is my goal.




My ponderment of the day: Why do we have traditions? Why do we do the same things every year? Why do we decorate our houses for Christmas, and go to parties, and give presents and send cards, every year? Is there something on a deeper level of needing traditions in our lives, needing the stability, and sameness of them? Sometimes it seems like a lot of work to carry out the same traditions year after year. I'm not saying I don't like traditions. I LOVE traditions. I was just thinking about this on my way home today.




One more thing: I am going to attempt to do a 365 day challenge - take a photo every day this year. I've taken my first two.


This is my first photo of the year. I finally, after living in my apartment for over a year, put up some pictures on my walls. (Don't tell... I put holes in the walls...) This is in my living room right now, but I'm not sure i'm totally happy with the grouping, so I dont' know if it will last.


And today's photo:

My first self-portrait of the new year. I know, not the cutest of me, but that's what you get today. I am starting a new journey of more exercise (to go along with my balance theme), so hopefully when I get around to another self portrait I won't have a double chin. :)

My new year's was good. Hung out with my sister and her boyfriend and his parents. Sounds like a fun party, huh? Then I went home and put together my new desk from IKEA (which I love!) Watched the ball drop at 10 on the news, and again at midnight. I know, I'm a party animal, but that really is what I wanted to do (be home doing whatever I wanted).

1 comment:

S Semon said...

I didn't even know you had a blog--and I am mentioned on there a couple of times! Craziness.
I like blogging. I like looking at my friends blogs and I am dissapointed when they don't post very often, but then, neither do I, so I guess I can't complain!
Love ya
Sharon