Sunday, November 30, 2008

playing with Wordle

If you haven't seen this site, you need to go check it out. Wordle.net. It is so fun to play with. I was having a hard time playing on my PC, but my mac laptop (Firefox browser) works pretty good. I made a couple Wordles. You could waste hours playing on this site, as every time you click a button, it changes the layout of it, so it is fun to see what it will look like next.

The first is most of the words from my Grateful post on Thanksgiving.
It is small, but I think if you click on it, it will open bigger. Also, the colors were different. I don't know why they are weird on blogger.

This is another version of some of my "thankful" words. It is just fun to play with. It can do so much. You can post your Wordle's to their gallery, for everyone to see. And, you can look through other people's creations. It's fun.

Here is one I did of all the names of my family members (and last names of my married sisters). One thing I did learn, in case you go play: If you want a word to be big, type it in several times. Wordle thinks the more a word is in the text, the bigger it should be. So, in my text, I had "Waite" written 4 times, and "Carol" and "Randy" written twice. Just a little FYI. I just learned that by trial and error.

I had a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend at home with my parents and several of my sisters. My brother was sick, so they stayed in Logan and had their own Thanksgiving. I saw "Twilight" Wednesday night with one of my sisters. It was ok. I'm not in love with Edward like most people are (the movie Edward...). We did not get up at 4 am to go shopping on Friday. In fact, I didn't go out until about 8 pm that night. We went to Target, because you just have to go to Target when you go to Idaho Falls. My dad doesn't understand this principle, but it's true. And Deseret Book, where I bought a new book called "A Single Voice". It is really good so far.

I am pretty much done with my Christmas shopping. If only my parents would be easier to shop for. What do you do for your parents? We always have a hard time deciding what to do for them. I do want to make a few more things for a few people, but who knows if that will get done.

I have decided to move on the 13th. So, the next two weeks will be spent packing up my house and getting ready to move, and the 2 weeks after that will be spend unpacking and organizing. So, homemade gifts might be out the window this year. Christmas cards are definitely on hold. I'll be lucky to get out some New Year's Cards.

My other goal for the next few weeks: to get back on the Weight Watchers wagon. I got sick at the beginning of November, so I quit going to the gym, and haven't been back. I have still been losing weight (17.8 lbs so far!) but I haven't been as committed as I was at first. So, my goal for this week is to be more committed. To write down everything I eat. To exercise every day. On Thursday (weigh day) I want to be down 2.2 lbs, which would get me to my 10% goal. It is very doable. I will keep you posted about what happens this week.

No comments: