Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Bad Service

I don't want to complain, but I have to tell you about two experiences I've had in the last 24 hours. Last night I stopped at Sonic for dinner, and ordered the grilled chicken wrap combo. On the menu it was $4.89, so I was expecting $5 something to be the total, but the guy told me it was $6.22. What? I couldn't figure out why. So, when the girl brought out my food, I asked her why it was that much. She didn't really understand what my problem was, didn't think there was a problem, and after trying to make her understand for a minute, just decided to give in, and gave her the $6.22. But, I shouldn't have, because I was mad about it all night last night. I'm not always good at fighting for myself in those situations. It is only $1, but still, it's the principle of the thing. I've had issues with that Sonic before. So, I will try not to go there anymore.

My other fun experience happened at Walmart just now. I know I know, I should expect it at walmart, but I actually like Walmart, they have good prices, and I've had pretty good service at this one. I didn't have a lot of stuff, maybe 12 items. I put some of my stuff on the belt thing, and then it moved, so when i put the rest of my items down, they weren't right next to the first pile. There was a space, but no little wooden bar separating orders. So, I must be tired or something. He rang up my items, I ran my debit card, I thought he did it fast, and that the total wasn't very much, but once again, must be tired, because I didn't think too much of it. I paid him, took my bags and left. And then I got home. And was missing 1/2 my items. milk, eggs, yogurt... grrr. I was, still am, pretty annoyed. How hard is that? I know, I should be paying more attention, but he, the dumb 16 year old cashier boy, should have been more aware of what he was doing. So, I'm guessing he tried to make the lady behind me pay for my milk and eggs. Oops. My only consolation is that he didn't charge me for them and then not give them to me. But, still, I needed those things. And, I don't want to go back to get them.

I'm just wondering where good service went to?

No comments: